an·thro·pol·o·gy

noun \ˌan(t)-thrə-ˈpä-lə-jē\
1. The scientific study of the origin, the behavior, and the physical, social, and cultural development of humans.

2. That part of Christian theology concerning the genesis, nature, and future of humans, especially as contrasted with the nature of God

Saturday, April 21, 2012

An Anthem About Being Alive

Everyone else seems to be taking a stab at poetry they hope will be unique enough to not remind someone of better- classic poetry like Keats or the Beatles. Here's my effort: 

This is not a love poem; it's a life verse:
 An anthem about being alive
[life isn't an irredeemable curse]
 I've heard that some people have a right not to ever see the sun.
 Well, I read poetry by a boy whose life had been shattered, and he said he was thrilled to be alive.

 I'm positive that that the "right to die" is a revolting lie.

 Those choices I've made in the garden of my heart- glancing around, sneaking fruit out in my pockets- those never brought life.

 All I got from them was strife, screams in a locked bathroom.

 So the "right to choose" [the one we sinned to attain] well, I'm rethinking whether or not that was a gain or a dreadful loss.

 Somebody Who always made the right decisions
 Took a myriad of incisions
 On sinless skin
 That was His choice- crying out in a loud voice for us to be forgiven
of our free will abuse.

 So I guess I'm pro-choice when it comes to my Creator's voice.
 What He's spoken I'll do
 That means thinking about you and your soul, whose choices you're gonna follow: will they be His or are you sticking with you?

 That's the anthem- I was probably off key
So I'll leave it to the Saviour to compose the rest of the symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment